Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You've Been Re-Purposed

     Have you ever been in that place in life when you discover you may be headed down the wrong road? You started out with the best intentions. You planned, strategized and organized your life to the point of perfection. If there was a title to be had, you painted a target on it and went to practice every day to achieve your goal.


     Before you had conquered the first level, you became thirsty for the next title or level in your chosen path.  Constantly competing for the prize.

     Along the way things were looking up, up, up! You had it all and wanted more. Fast paced career in an incredible industry, 4 kids, 2 dogs, a nice 2 story red brick home, an incredible husband and tons of friends. You were living the dream...when out of no where, you discover you have been Re-purposed!

     How does this happen?  I have been asking myself the same question for several months now. We have all heard the terms, Renew, Reuse and Recycle, right? Well, the newest term coined is Re-Purpose.  The definition of the word repurpose is 1.To reuse for a different purpose, on a long-term basis, without alteration. 


What on Earth does that have to do with me or any other human on the planet?  Sometimes, life stops.  There are many different reasons why, not necessarily good or bad, just stopped and when it restarted again, you find have been Re-Purposed?

For me, it has been an incredible blessing.  I started out motivating and training adults as a career and helping them discover their potential, to using all my "professional" skills to now build my own children.  Maybe as a Mom, I needed to go through all of the research and training in a career, in order to be incredibly confident and successful training our family's future.

Have you been Re-Purposed?

I want to hear your story!!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts...I am in the process of being "re-purposed" since my primary focus in life over the past 14 years has been to educate my kids at home and develope a warm, fuzzy atmosphere in our home!
    As I am all to quickly approaching the end of this life purpose, I see the need to figure out how I should spend my life once the kids are really ready to move on. My boys will be in college in 6 years. That may seem like and eternity away, but we all know how fast the time will fly by! So, I am researching on how I want to be re-purposed. Maybe college and finish a degree--maybe the work force---maybe starting a business. Who knows--not me, not yet anyway! But it is interesting doing the research and seeing "myself" in an entirely new light!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete