Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ma'am, I'll Need To See Your Credentials

http://drseusscoloringpages.blogspot.com/
Have you ever felt small? Well, maybe small's not quite the word I'm looking for, how about tiny, really, really tiny. JoJo from Horton Hears a Who, kind of tiny. That's where I've been at for the last day or so, feeling the size of JoJo the Who. Not really knowing what to do. Even you might say, a little blue and confused.

I know what it is, and I know why, now it's the Who that I must find. So I've decided to make a list of everything I've been in order to discover Who I can become.



Daughter,
Child,
Student,
Teenager,
Wife,
Mother,
Soldier,
School Bus Driver,
Private School Teacher,
Leasing Consultant,
Sales Trainer,
Editor,
Sunday School Teacher,
Marketing Consultant,
Salesman,
Church Team Leader,
Mentor,
Owner,
Recruiter,
Social Media Consultant,
Candy Wrapper Maker,
Graphic Designer,
Beauty Consultant.
All around 'Fire Starter'

The ability to perform in the majority of these fields was developed through self education, hard headedness and an extreme willingness to learn. If an idea intrigues me to the point of exploration, I have been known to start a company that revolves around it. Some have been successful, others not so much. In the end, its the love of learning that has fueled my endeavours.

In several of the many titles listed above, I have inspired others to find and explore their passions just as I have. It excites me to see someones eyes light up and the wheels start to turn when they are able to nail down what it is they want to do for the rest of their life. Men and Women devastated by tragedy have turned their whole outlook and circumstances around, just by allowing themselves to dream. I have taught them that when you know who you are, you are who you are, no matter where you are, you are you.

 
It's in this very moment that I am realizing Who this Who really is. Its not a Who, but a What I have discovered, hiding deep inside. A Motivator, a Teacher and a Mommy within me reside.

Hey there, If anyone is listening, if you can hear the sound of my voice.

THIS MOMMY'S
A REAL TEACHER
AFTER ALL!

So, I'll take a deep breath and sit a little taller. I'll smile at this victory, the fear is finally smaller.
http://reneeheiss.com/Works_in_Progress.html

(In the end it is a "very small shirker named JoJo" whose final addition to the volume creates enough lift for the jungle to hear the sound, thus reinforcing the moral of the story: "a person’s a person, no matter how small". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horton_Hears_a_Who!)









2 comments: